Sunday, July 4, 2010

Module 5

WOW - i love this!!

This is the stuff that I would use in the classroom. Being a kindergarten teacher this year, I have used a few of these things. Podcasts and vodcasts are new to me and I look forward to looking into them furthur (when I get some time!). I use itunes for lesson breakers and morning prayer songs and I also use youtube for many lessons. You tube is an excellent way of finding many short videos to use in class with students. Counting, number work and phonics are things that I look for for my class on youtube. Every week I choose a new daily clip for the class, so that it does not get too repetitive or boring for them. They also have their favourites!
I also view many teacher tv clips not through youtube, but through the teacherstv website. You must join to view the clips.

1 comment:

  1. Sara shares my enthusiasm for podcasts and vodcasts. I agree with her that setting up these tools will take time and as teachers finding spare time can be challenging. Sharing ideas and resources would be ideal.

    ReplyDelete